Regular Dental Checkup
Regular dental checkups are an essential part of maintaining a healthy smile. It’s a critical part of your oral health and something we recommend to all of our patrons. Dental checkups should be completed every six months to maintain proper, optimal health.
Teeth Cleanings in Torrance, CA
As leading dental hygienists, we believe in the power of teeth cleanings, flossing, sealants, and fluoride to prevent dental disease. Our focus is on thorough dental care exams to check your teeth, gums, and overall health. At South Bay Dental Smiles, we are equally concerned about your smile as we are about your well-being.
You can expect a typical new patient hygiene and cleaning appointment to go as follows:
- Our front staff will welcome you with typical information gathering and answering any dental care questions you may have.
- Next, your dental hygienist will greet you in the waiting room.
- If dental X-rays or photos are required, they will be taken to understand the overall health of your mouth and accurately diagnose any dental issue.
- Then your dental hygienist will perform a teeth cleaning, polish, floss, and fluoride.
- Next, we will take a periodontal chart to write and record gingival and overall oral conditions relating to oral and periodontal (gum) health.
- Meet the doctor for an exam and discuss any areas of concern you may have or we may want to address.
- If any areas of concern are found, we consult with your insurance company to provide an estimate of costs. If you do not have dental insurance at the time, you can use our third-party payment provider CareCredit to pay for the care you need.
- During your appointment with the doctor, please feel free to openly inquire about any dental concerns you may have.
- Schedule any needed treatment or simply your next 6-month cleaning appointment.
Expect this first appointment to take between 1 hour and 1.5 hours, so that we don’t rush you through or provide too much information too quickly for you.
If you have any questions or would like to schedule your dental checkup, contact our office and we'll be happy to help.